Monday 2 January 2006

Rolf paints the Queen

Did you see Rolf Harris painting the Queen last evening ?His picture of her was unveiled recently ,and the programe last night took us through the procedure in his words ,he was obviously nervous ,naturally ! He did just a lot of blur at first ,then gradually you saw the Queens features ,become more clear and recognisable .They chatted about all sorts of things ,and about previous sittings shed done for various artists over the years ,the one that was done of her as a very young girl ,she described the artist as awful ,he;d wanted her to sit still all the time a thing she found difficult even now !!one of Rolfs favourites was done by a fellow country man of his ,who the Queen explained did two at a time ,so one of them went to the Australian Prime minister ,and the other one ,is here ,He also said his Grandfather had ,had the priviledge of painting her Grandfather ,"Looking back on all these paintings ,you must see your self getting older Maam ,Does it bother you ?"said Rolf .The Queens reply ,after she thought for a moment ........."Nah " I thought was wonderful !thats just how she said it Nah

  Have a good day folks ,dont worry about getting old ,think of the alternative ..............Jan xx

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've yet to watch it............sounds good.
She is a very nice lady............

Anonymous said...

I taped The Queen, and watched a little of it. I liked it!
You've missed the Stew and Dumplings - today it's Meat and Potatoe Pie(not homemade,) but just as good! I will write about that later*

Anonymous said...

I didn't see it all as i was cooking at the time...Kept flitting between kitchen and living room to see it...TV is kitchen is capput LOL...I liked the painting he did of her...It's a nice informal painting where she is smiling and looks happy :o) Much nicer than those really formal paintings of her in formal robes with tiara on etc...I love how they just nattered away to each other whilst she was sitting for him too   Caff xxx

Anonymous said...

P S  I actually scanned the picture ...clever or what ,This new year resolution is a dream ,me you know Jan !!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes I watched that programme and loved it and just like you, had to laugh when she said "Nah" just like one of us.  The portrait was very good I thought.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Jan didn't see that pragramme, but did see his portrait on the News, I thought it was nice - and made her look happy.....hope that comes on again....must watch it.......Ally

Anonymous said...

We watched the program and we found it very good. Stu likes Rolf although he does not use oil YET that will be the next thing. Liked the picture it was a good likeness. Well done you scanned the picture out of the mag. I got a new printer scanner copier for Christmas but have not had the time to set it up yet and I am trying to use up the ink in the old one how mean is that. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan :o)   I really wanted to see it and forgot to set the video!  I`ve always liked Rolf, ( I met him when I was sixteen...he was really nice) and I think he is a very good painter.  In my humble opinion he did a great job with the painting oh the Queen. :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

That was very interesting. Helen

Anonymous said...

I didn't see the show, but I have seen the painting.  I think she looks lovely in it :o)  I'm sorry I missed that, didn't know it was on!
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

I didn't watch the show but I'm impressed with the painting - not at all how I thought it was going to turn out ;-)  Happy new year to you and maurice by the way :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan ,we watched the programme with The Queen and Rolf Harris, really enjoyed it . She seemed quite natural and relaxed, has a lovely smile which Rolf seemed to capture. I couldn't believe how it went from a mass of messy colours to that lovely picture of her.Fancy that other artist doing two pictues a the same time. Clever to be scanning to,there no stopping you now ......Love Jeanxx