Sunday 15 January 2006

Memorys

Late entry today,but better late than never ,I have been busy scanning pictures today! or should I say trying to.I would scan them then save them ,but not in a folder that my journal was aware of !In the end I sent out an S.O.S. Next door  to the ever patient  Glynn,who listened to what I said went click ..click ..click ,!and there it all was !!Whoa !says I, what did you do ?SHOW ME!!he did and here is the result !  (hope I can do it again !!)

I dont want this to be a sad entry,I just want to share with you  It was Micks birthday yesterday ,and if he had'nt died aged fourty four ,twenty three years ago,He would have been sixty seven ,I can't believe that !I have many emotions still about him ,of course !the sad thing is he didnt live to see what amazing adults his children turned out to be ,and even worse ,he never met any of his wonderful grandchildren ,He missed weddings and christenings ,I went to all these things alone ,oh I was'nt alone ,but I didnt have beside me the one person, who these happenings ,would have shared what I was feeling .I've smiled my way through ,the years and folks think with time ,your over it ,and of course you are ,just sometimes ,Im crying inside .So ....these are a few pictures I found ,I think the one on the ship might have been taken in Southend ,perhaps Jeannette could enlighten me ,is/was  there a likely vessel ,moored there ?I know the other one was taken in Bagshot in Surry,on a hill called High Curly ,and the rest are self explanatory (oh Jean were we ever that young ?)

So now I know how to scan pictures onto the journal ,I shall be adding some family favourites,Checking this over I am struck by how Matthew (my youngest daughter Kates son) is like his Grandad .I had to search for the photo albums  had'nt seen them since we moved so when I found them,and while Maurice was in bed today ..he's gone off to work now ..I've had  a lovely time looking through them . I'm off now to wash the dinner pots and watch some tele',So folks enjoy what is left of the day .

                       With Love Jan xx  

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely entry Jan! And I love your wedding one!!
Gill xx

Anonymous said...

Jan your pictures are just lovely - memories just cannot be taken away from us....these  must have brought back happy and sad ones for you and Jean....looking forward to seeing some more......Ally

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this Jan.

Anonymous said...

It's good that you have such good memories of the two of you. Great pictures. I think if you really love someone that love never ends. Helen

Anonymous said...

It's so sad when we lose our loved ones. Mick has probably been watching your life progress from heaven, I like to think so anyway. They're lovely old photos. Must dig out some of mine to show you one day. Have a good evening. Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan, a smashing entry today.  I love to look at old photos, You made a lovely couple, so young and full of hope. Oh where did youth go to?  My own wedding photos look so dated now.  Maybe I should dig out an album or two and see what I can find hidden away...lol! :o)

Sandra xxxxx

Anonymous said...

It was lovely to see the photos again, you and Mick make a handsome pair.Like I have said before where oh where have those years gone!!!!Good ole Glynn to the rescue. Matt does look like Mick did at that age.We walked into Town today, called in to see Kate with her sponcer money also saw Sharon too........ Love Jeanxx

Anonymous said...

Lovely pics Jan, I love looking at those b/w ones - so nostalgic! Your dresses look lovely too.  Interesting how the wedding dresses change in fashion over the years.  Perhaps we should all have a wedding day photo on our journals - I would love to see other peoples.  
Freda

Anonymous said...

Great entry................just great Jan

Anonymous said...

"he didnt live to see what amazing adults his children turned out to be ,and even worse ,he never met any of his wonderful grandchildren ,He missed weddings and christenings"
being a christian
I believe that our loved ones
that have passed over
to the other side
see everything that is going on
you were never alone spiritually :)

Anonymous said...

lovely pics, glad you mastered how to scan them and put them on your journal :)....Jules xxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

Anonymous said...

Loved seeing these photos Jan. . .what a handsome couple you both are.Its sad that Mick missed out on so much with his kids and Grandkids and weddings but nice you have him in in your heart . . as long as you remember him he will never be too far away from you all. I believe you can be in a room full of people at  weddings and the like Jan and still feel lonely as you long to share it with a special someone who should be there too.
Glynn next door is a good neighbour to have . .lol.

Anonymous said...

Lovely to share your memories and see your photos! Where does the time go?
http://journals.aol.co.uk/irisclyde/LaDolceVita

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures Jan thank you for sharing. Stuart had a haircut just like that. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful entry jan :o)  thank you so much for sharing it with us...He'll have been there looking down just like my dad...Dad only met 4 out of the 11 grandchildren my mum has...He never met any of mine or my younger sisters children or saw us get married but i do believe he looks down on us all...I like to think he's my guardian angel and helps me cope with my 2 lads :o)   Caff xxxx

Anonymous said...

Jan, Thank you for sharing your memories and pictures with us.  This was a lovely entry.  Pennie

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos Jan.  You made a lovely couple.  Look forward to seeing more pics now you have the hang of scanning them in. Hope you have a good day and that the right job comes along soon.  
Eve

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that Jan, I felt 'teary' reading this Entry also. loved seeing the 'photos.
I've scanned 'photos, but when I try to insert in journal,doesn't happen - clever girl.

Anonymous said...

They are lovely pics - thank you for sharing your memories with us :-)  

Anonymous said...

Great photo's my dear, and a lovely entry.
((((()))))
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Lovely photo's and memories, Jan. Thanks for sharing them. It takes me all day to scan old photo's, too. Hope you are able to find your photo folder again.     ~Deborah