Tuesday 10 January 2006

Home alone !

Maurice is at work so ,Im doing the housework that cant get done when he;s on nights ,and dos;ntget done when he;s here if you know what I mean ?This is like a serial ,....I had to rush to finish yesterdays entry  because he needed my assistance ,since he did the laminate floor we;ve had no tele in the kitchen,and I;ve been protesting ,Im missing bits of things we;re watching on TV in the lounge when preparing meals and cuppas etc  in the kitchen (sad),you see the cable for the tv was under the carpet before the laminate ,now my hero has drilled a hole through the wall behind in the picture of me !!so the cable now goes at the back of the cabinet and along side the couch through into the kitchen ,then behind the little freezer the cooker then into the tv on the corner work surface ,does that sound complicated ?well Im pleased to report its now all up and running lol .Well the picture of me sitting bemused in my corner ,Maurice took,after he;d come back from the barber ,were he tells me they talked about boxing ,and he (the barber )is getting a new assistant ,because the other one has gone to be a lawyer ,oh and he met the local bobby who was getting his hair cut too ,I digress a lit........lot !My corner is something Im famous for ! I keep my knitting ,handbag(s)books ,magazines and oh you know ...not visible to the naked eye but its there and I know where everything is !all to hand lol I tidy it all out from time to time ,but yesterdays hole through the wall project led to an enforced blitz.....huh hence the confused pee d off look lol .I like to do it in private ,There was Maurice to witness the stuff Id squirreled away ,ie half a pkt of liquorish allsorts ,apart from the cardi I;m knitting,some wool to make a scarf !three hand bags ,my cream boots (thats where they went ),and oh joy a poly bag with a pkt of ciggys I didnt know were there !This is pretty much tongue in cheek entry ,but there is another story on this theme that should be told at this point ,if your not already bored to tears !!When we moved here, we used a removal man who was a family friend ,who when he;d finished here,he  went back to my daughters pub ,to recover and have a pint ,"Have you moved my Mum to a round house "?.said Sharon ,"No why?" said Derry .."Well if you;ve taken her to a house with corners ,she;ll fill em !"   So on that happy note Im going to do the jobs I cant do when Maurice is on nights ....Hmm???   maybe !

        With Love Jan xx

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh brilliant - you are as mad as I am -  a squirrel corner what a delight!!!!
Lovely!

Anonymous said...

Glad you have the TV back in the kitchen, don't know how you managed without it...lol...certainly sounded a complicated job getting it connected - what with drilling holes etc.....but your Hero managed it....Loved Sharons remark about you filling the corners up....very funny......Ally

Anonymous said...

I think its good to be a squirrel. you know where every thing is so what the heck.I know what you mean about not letting anyone see the things you save and that are precious to you.Think we are both just horders!!Glad you have your tely fixed in the kitchen again.Maurices hair cut looks nice, Love to you both......Jeanxx

Anonymous said...

Know what you mean about 'squirelling' things away, your own little corner. I moved from a tiny 1 Bedroom, and everythng fitted in!
Now...
My House is on four floors, and I still manage to fill every corner. like the idea of a 'Roundhouse'
Aileen...X

Anonymous said...

I have a corner too and a telly in the kitchen for when I'm cooking or doing the ironing.  Good entry today Jan very funny. love Joan.

Anonymous said...

I am a squirrel as well, I have a little corner in the bedroom. Trouble is I am a squirrel that is losing its memory because nowadays I can never find what I am looking for lol

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Well my card making stuff seems to take over everywhere LOL...When i actually get a plain door for the cupboard in the hall then i am going to put it all in there...All the doors in my flat are glass ones...People i bought it from did that...The hall cupboard they had as a display one...Mikey broke a panel on the door in his bedroom...Still not got round to switching the hall cupboard door to that one and putting plain one in it's place...Even if i do get stuff tidied into there i will still manage to end up with a pile in a corner somewhere LOL  I have no telly in kitchen either as it died a while ago and it is so annoying.   Caff xxx

Anonymous said...

Great photos :-)  Your living room seems nice.  Love the corner idea - I've got that going on all over my flat LOL ;-)

Anonymous said...

I have corners full of stuff too, isn't that what corners are for??!! What else could you do with a corner? Glad you got your TV fixed up so you don't miss anything. Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

Happy hair cut Maurice. . you look nice and smart lol.Glad you cleared your corners out. .its good feng shui !!

Anonymous said...

I think its good you make good use of your corners. Paula

Anonymous said...

Hello Jan
Nice pics of you and M, had to laugh at the round house comment .... he hee !!
Jayne
http://journals.aol.co.uk/funnyface0s0/SingleGirl