Saturday 1 October 2005

The sublime to the ridiculous

Ridiculous,to think,yesterday at this time the amount of stuff Id done ,today here I am still in my dressing gown,not having done anything much,thats the trouble when your not working ,the days dont have a shape,I know today is Saturday ,so its different.But you do need some sort of pattern to your life,I m getting in abit deep here so Ill stop....... but Im sure you know what Im getting at !! Maurice picked me up from Sharons yesterday,we went to Asda,then home I made dinner,Then caught up with my comments,watched some T V,fell asleep and missed the end of Taggart,I think my brain is saying youve finished this stint of work now let go and relax.Whilst your in the thick of it (work Imean)you seem to be on a roll and will keep going its only when you stop you realise how much of your self youve given and how tired you are !Does anyone know what Im talking about !!Maybe best if you dont answer that !!

Maurice is at work till seven tonight so Ive got all day to poodle through a few jobs,or not as the case may be !!He is collecting Sam,my ten year old grandson,on his way back from work and they are going fishing tomorrow,another day to poodle(lovely).Much to Maurices delight Sam likes to fish ,so he has a protege.Sam will stay overnight so I can do the doting Granny bit.Its nearly 11.30 am I am going to get dressed now and get whats left of the day underway.

Have a happy chilling out day ,like me ,everyone     Jan xx

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactlt what you mean Jan! When we have no timetable to work to we waste so much time, or maybe it's just you and me!! Hope Sam enjoys his fishing with Maurice and you have a good weekend. Is it time I got dressed too?! I have the excuse I never got home from work till 5am and got to bed at 6am!! Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

And why not chill out after all its the weekend again, don't they come round quick,sign of getting old!!Hope Sam and Maurice have fun Fishing.We are also Babysitting tonight at Jos.      Love Jeanxx

Anonymous said...

At least you got to see some of it!!! Rob not happy with me as I forgot to record it!!! Methinks there will be mudder!!!

Anonymous said...

I know you will enjoy being the doting granny.  We do not have any structure to our lives these days as neither of us works, we just take it as it comes, guess we are getting lazy!

Anonymous said...

You are so right about Saturdays, even though I`ve not worked since January.  I still feel different at weekends.  Maybe it`s because I knew I`d be getting back into the work force eventually that I still keep to a routine in the week.  If my life didn`t have structure I`d wander aimlessy through life causing no end of problems knowing me ...lol!  :-)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

I left work almost six years ago, when I had my J.  Always planned to go back someday, but for now I am his carer.  I do know what you mean about the days not having any pattern when you are home every day, and it does take a long time to get used to doesn't it.  At least during the week now J has school, so that's a kind of pattern.  Have a lovely evening, and say hi to Sam ;o)
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Hey it's good to chill out regardless of what day it is :o) Hope you enjoyed being doting granny :o)   Caff xxx

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a good day :-)  Yeah I know what you mean about when you stop you suddenly realise how much you put into it!!