Saturday 22 April 2006

I could have danced all night !

For those of you who are getting a feeling of Deja' Vue,you are quite right yes I did post the sewing machine,the entry before last ,but it was filed incorrectly (by moi !),so it didnt work properly showing off Donna's skills, SO !  I make no apologies for posting it again,the one above Donna(of D's Designs) she called sewing room ,and since I love both these graphics ,you may well see them over again at some point,especially as I may have a sewing story to tell ,But not today !

  

Maurice has gone off to do the first of his three night shifts again, so here I am posting my entry ,a bit later than usual but no matter .Its a lovely evening as I sit here in the study ,beside the window ,I can see my new little Magnolia tree,out there in the garden ,and hear the bird song ,I have fetched in all the washing I have done today,all dry and sweet smelling ....but have absolutely no intention of ironing it tonight ! 

 

 Hey,did you know Freda,from Freda's Diarys has posted another episode ?she's in my side bar ,go and visit her.Another interesting read if you havent already done so is Jeannettes account of her bad hair day ,more a horror story really ,but so well told by our friend at Jeannettes Jottings .

I went shopping this morning with my trusty trolley,it was pleasant to be out ,I bought a number of items from the little market ,that is on the main street on a Saturday ,before buying food items from Somerfield ,on my way back I put 50p in an old tobacco tin that stood outside someones gate ,and helped my self to a lovely bunch of cocoa.... No ! Daffodils ,and thought how nice people still have that trust ,a nice big bunch ,all tight buds ,I bought some last week and they lasted well ......There is football on the Tele at the moment so I think I'll go and make myself something to eat ,Casualty is on later this evening so I will ,look to see if I've got some thing taped I can watch till then , It all sounds a far cry from the Saturday nights of our youth ,in the days Freda and Jeannette were talking about ,about now we would be getting all glammed up ready to boogy all night long .

  Have a lovely evening With Love from   Jan  xx    

 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can imagine you sitting by your window and your magnolia tree, they look so stunning. I did some washing as well and then just sat in the sun, wonderful, the warmth and the birdsong.  I am going to watch Dr. Who and then Audience with Coronation Street.  Makes a change to get something half decent on a Saturday night.  Thanks for the mention my friend.  I am off to visit Freda xxx

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Super graphic of the couple above love that one. Yes I remember it well rocking and rolling maybe that what I need to get the lbs off a few night boogying. Oh those were the days. I have Saturday Night Fever CD in the car and I jump around when its on Stuart just laughs. Have a nice evening Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan that picture of the above couple jiving reminds me of you and Mick,boy could you both dance!! We had Dan and Maisie to stay over night so didn't get grocery shopping till late.But its been lovely to see the sunshine ,always makes you feel better.Have yet to read Jeannette and Freda .........Love Jeanxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan,  How lovely to be able to leave a tin outside and rely on people`s honesty.  If only it is always like that,  at the garden centre cafe where we always go someone stole the charity box that was left on the counter.  Can you believe that?  The girl who works there said that most of the people who go there are regulars so it makes you wonder.  On the other hand, in Dorset where we visit every year, there`s the same stall that sells strawberries and you just put your money in the box.  I don`t think there`s been a problem with that. :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are having a nice weekend.  Loved the pics and Happy Birthday to the queen! : )  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Love the sewing graphics.
There is a family that has a help yourself veggie stand near us. They put things in little baskets with the price on it and you put your money in a box with a slit in the top. That is fixed where you can't carry it away or open it of course. Be glad when summer comes so we can get some fresh veggies. Helen

Anonymous said...

D's Designs are really beautiful ~  Isn't it lovely to get the laundry dry outside ~ as you say it smells so nice ~ Will have a read of Freda's Diary's ~ read Jeannettes Hair day very very funny ~ I love to see the Daffs on sale in the street and so nice that they trust us to pay our money for them ~ Hope you enjoy Casualy and have a nice evening ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

I had very few of those Saturday nights, but did enjoy them

Anonymous said...

The graphics are brill! I love daffs too, they're popular here in Wales! I wondered what happened to Casualty, I've missed it now. Oh for the energy and the inclination to boogy all night long! xx

Anonymous said...

I love daffodils, they are such a beautiful colour and show that winter is over.............Jules xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

Anonymous said...

LOL...I have to add the .gif after the animations I receive in e-mail.  This plagued me for the longest time until I found out what I had to do.  I still forget at times to do it.  I haven't hung my laundry outside in years.  Not many Americans do that anymore.  I'm not sure why...maybe a time thing?  But I did notice that since I've moved into a rural area, I do see some laundry blowing in the breeze.  I just love the scent of laundry pulled off the line.  Have a wonderful weekend!  Chris

Anonymous said...

I could boogie all night, if I could sit in the armchair with my fett up and do it lol.
Sylvia xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan
The sewing machine still looks fab second time around.   You peeps are so clever!
Luv Jayne x

Anonymous said...

blimey Jan, you could never leave daffs and a tin out round here, I'm afraid, how lovely you have that round your way :-) Donna's graphics look great, and I read about Jeannette and her hair lol. And give me half a chance and I will still boogie all night !!!
love n hugs Debbie ~xxx~

Anonymous said...

It's amazing that the money for those daffs don't get pinched or something!!  I couldn't believe how late Casualty was on last night - typical football huh??  LOL......Hope you've had a good weekend xx