Friday 10 February 2006

Old chum!!

Hi every one ,hope your all having a good day ,the sun is shining here but its bitterly cold . I had a lovely surprise the other day ,Jean rang up ,and was telling me about a phone call she'd had with a friend where we used to live ,Well the girl she'd rung is sister in law to my bestest friend of all time ,we have become a bit lax over the past few years ,you know how it is ! your busy ..you mean to..and before you know it a year or so has gone by ,anyway I rang her ,all I said was hello ,Hello she says back ,not who's this .....and we were off ....Thats how it is with good friends whether its three days or three years ,you can take up just where you left off ,I first met Margaret ,when I was eighteen and she was twenty ,we were pregnant with our first babys together ,when I had my third child ,we moved opposite her and we ,lived there until we moved to Peterborough ,for eighteen years and during that time we did every thing together ,babies to the clinic ,school runs except in those days we walked our kids to school ,just short of two miles each way ,our kids learned alot on those walks to and from school ,we actually talked to our kids !in the cold or rainy days I remember we would all sing to keep our spirits up ,it wouldnt have been safe for the children not to be accompanied as part of the way was along the busy A1,(or The Great North Road ,as we learned to stop calling it !))Margaret ,had a son two weeks younger than Mark ,she also had twin boys a bit younger than my Sharon ,as well as school they were in the church choir together ,cubs, scouts /brownies for Sharon  youth club,and we their Mums belonged to the WI , the PTA ,keepfit ,drama group , we also helped run the youth club ,we were involved with our children in those days ,in fact as in many small village communities we were involved in most things ,there were some hard times,which we often look back on and laugh about them now ,but my word we had some good times too .

So why have we been so busy lately ,to be in touch .......well she has been ingrossed in her computer !!!and as you know I'm a self confessed addict !!Wow she's only with AOL,but had'nt discovered journals ,well I soon put that right ,I sent her my URL and dashed of an email ,with more details ,only to have it returned to be redirected ,in my haste to involve her ,I posted it off to Helen !!!who's addy is next to Margarets,thanks Helen... Durrr !!so Margaret ,I will be looking for comments ,and I see no reason why in the future she doesnt join us in J-Land I know she would have lots to tell .

Before I go !I have just read Jens entry ,Jmoqueen ...she says they have just unveiled a statue to a chappie near her ,I saw a news item on this, the chappie is Sir Walter Raliegh,I can remember being taught at school ,that the gallant Walter put his cape over a puddle for Queen Elizabeth 1,to walk on ,He also introduced us to the potato,as well as the spud ,he was the first man to bring duty free fags to this country .Have a good Friday everyone ...with love  

                   

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comments you have been leaving in my journal. I was happy to return the note to you so you could send it on to the right person. Hoping you can talk your friend into joining J-land. Send her all our adresses so she can see how different each person's journal is and how interesting they all are. If she decides to start one let us know so we can welcome her. Have a great day! Helen

Anonymous said...

Jan what a lovely tale of friendship spanning the years...so glad you are back in touch - who knows perhaps we will be commenting on her journal soon - must give us all a link if she does one.........Ally

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan ,so pleased you managed to get in touch with Margaret, you'll have lots to talk about and catch up with, and it will be handy to instant message her with her being on AOL too.Have a good weekend ........With Love Jeanxx

Anonymous said...

It's great when you find a friend on AOL!!

Anonymous said...

You have done something I am needing to do catch up with old friends will get around sometime soon. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

I love catching up with old friends, doesn't happen often enough though :(

Anonymous said...

It's lovely when you have a friendship like that :o) Guess Sir Walter Raleigh has a lot to get the blame for...Ciggies and chips <ggg>  Do like your graphics today :o)  Caff xxxx

Anonymous said...

Catching up with old chums, and sharing laughs. You have been busy. lol. Glad your feeling better. Hope Margaret does start her own journal, its always nice to make new friends.    ~Deborah

Anonymous said...

Ahhh that's who it was ;-)  I wanted to say Francis Drake cos he's from down here but then Walter Raleigh came into my head so I just said chappie LOL........that's great about your friend, hope she'll come and join us in J-land.  Sorry I've not been commenting much I keep meaning to check out your journal and then I forget sorry!!

Anonymous said...

catching up with friends is brilliant :).................Jules xxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

Anonymous said...

Catching up with old friends is good.  I look forward to your friend joining us here in J-Land.  
d

http://journals.aol.com/nightmaremom/Thisandthatandhockey/

Anonymous said...

Glad you caught up with your friend again after all this time. Hope she decides to start a journal, let us know if she does. Have a good weekend. Jeannette.  

Anonymous said...

Hello Jan
Sounds like you two had a good old gas...........isn't it jus lovely to have friends like that ..... cherish that friendship.
Love Jayne x

Anonymous said...

well thank god you were discreet jan ..haha did wonder what you would say , wonderful years and a million memories , we would go walking on the moon ( the old quarry in the wood ) children loved it ..so did we. all summer down on the river bank near the shallows , us with knitting (always working lol ) kids playing in the water yes hard times too ...but we shared xx